The Importance of Characteristic Traits

"Gentlemen show respect. They are caring, loving, and honest men."
__ Ellen J. Barrier

The positive features we see in individuals that makes them very special people are honesty, trustworthy, kindness, unselfishness, helping others, faithful in a relationship, respectful;  are the ideal qualities we each like to see in the other person’s character; but, what about our own character?

"The man who shows great respect for his mother and the women in his life; will have respect for those he meets."
 __ Ellen J. Barrier



Gentlemen respect the rights of others. They are honorable men.


I’m reminded of Job, who was condemned by those who came to visit him during his sickness, and accused him of being an unrighteous person. Therefore, they took it upon themselves to judge his character, and pass a death sentence upon him.  However, Job stood up to them and labeled them as being hypocrites.

Job allows his character to defend him:

Speaking to his accusers, Job stated, “Hear diligently my speech, and my declaration with your ears. Behold now, I have ordered my cause; I know that I shall be justified. Who is he that shall plead with me? For now, if I hold my tongue, I shall give up the ghost”.

God himself said Job’s character was one that he judged to be perfect. Job didn’t think he was perfect, but he knew he always did the right thing by helping others and showing kindness, honesty, and respect. Therefore, he was able to say, “I know that I shall be justified.” He knew God wouldn’t find him guilty of being unrighteous. He let those who he called ‘hypocrites’ know, “He also shall be my salvation: for a hypocrite shall not come before him.”  And it was because of Job’s character, that God saved his life, and condemned those who falsely judged him. 

Job never gave up on God, despite his wife and others who suggested that he should. There are those who will say negative statements about praying and believing in Supernatural intervention. Those who believe in the power of God, as Job did, can also allow their character to defend them against whatever situation they encounter. Therefore, they succeed beyond expectation. 
Gentlemen respect the rights of others. They are honorable men.


_Ellen J. Barrier
Author/Medical Professional/Spiritual Counselor/Other

No comments:

Post a Comment